Friday, March 2, 2012

Milestone

I stepped on the scale this morning and had to stop myself from squealing with delight (it was 6am after all) and jumping up and down like a little kid!!

Starting weight: 226.4
Last week's weight (I didn't post): 201.4
This week's weight:

198.8 lbs

I broke 200!

I can't tell you how amazing I feel and how incredibly proud I am of myself! This is the biggest milestone I've hit so far; it's so encouraging to see the number that is under 200! It somehow makes the rest of my weight loss seem much easier, much more attainable, something that can really be done rather than just dreamed about. 


I have to give credit where credit is due, so once more I'm going to tout the amazingess that is hot yoga. Besides loving the work out itself, it's really done wonders with keeping me on track as far as eating goes, forcing me to drink enough water, and keeping my snacking in check. The best thing of all is just the fact that I want to go to yoga every day, and I've been happily going 5-6 times a week for the past three weeks or so. I want to go that often, not that I feel like I should or I have to. I canceled my gym membership and am doing yoga full time, so I'm going to stick with it for sure and we'll see how works out for me in the long run! All I know is that after weeks of going up and down the same pound or two, I had two weeks of over 2 pound losses! I am now just a half pound shy of being on track with my weight loss goal of 4 pounds a month - though if I keep going this rate I'm going to lose even more than that. Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing milestone! Congrats! I hit a new category on the scale this week that I haven't see since high school. I know how exhilarating it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! So proud of you, I know you'll reach your goal :)

    ReplyDelete