Friday, March 23, 2012

Weigh-in day

Phew, sorry for the long absence! It's been real crazy around these parts lately. Between working full time, getting to yoga (almost) everyday, studying for my Praxis exam, and visiting my grandma in the hospital (feel better!), I've hardly had time to breathe! BUT, I try not to use busy days as an excuse to slack off as far as my fitness and healthiness go. I must say that yesterday was the first day since starting yoga and I made the conscious decision to not go to class when I could have. And honestly, I didn't feel good about it - I'm rather disappointed with myself to be honest, and really looking forward to get back in the studio today to make up for it.

I missed posting about my last few weigh-ins, so here's to making it up to you:

Starting weight: 226.4 lbs
Last blogged weigh in (3/2): 198.8 lbs
3/9: 201 lbs
3/16: 198.2 lbs
3/23: 196 lbs

So, a little fluctuation, but I always expect that and I'm really happy with the progress I've made! Today's weigh in marks a total of 30 lbs lost, and 10 lbs lost since the new year! Considering my goal was to lose an additional 20 pounds (from 206.2lb that I was on New Year's Eve) I feel like I'm right on track. I feel that after months of 'figuring it out' as far as food and exercise go, I've really found what works for me and I'm going to see the progress I've been hoping for since starting WW April of 2011. I know 30lbs in a year is not nearly as much as other Weight Watchers have lost, but I'm happy with the slow and steady rate I'm going because I know that it's something I can maintain!

On that note, here's a glimpse at some things I've been eating lately:


12PP Burger and fries
Skinnytaste turkey zucchini burger: 4PP
TJ's artisan bread: 3PP
BBQ sauce and Ketchup: 1PP
Pickles and lettuce: 0PP
Alexia sweet potato fries (seasoned by me): 4PP


10PP Day-off Brunch (I definitely don't do this everyday! But days off = sleeping in = brunch!)
2 eggs, over easy: 4PP
2 slices thin cut Butterball Turkey Bacon: 1PP
1/4 cup black beans: 0PP
1/4 cup bell pepper: 0PP
1/4 cup tomato: 0PP
1/4 cup onion
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup WW shredded cheese :2PP
1/4 Avocado: 2PP
salt, pepper, cumin
Coffee: 1PP

SERIOUSLY - one of the best breakfasts I've had in a LONG time, and I've had some good diner breakfasts lately. I think this will be my Saturday morning brunch from now on! So good!!!!

 
7 PP sushi for me and mamacita
3/4 cup sushi rice, dry: 12PP
3 sheets of nori: 0PP
1/4 cup cucumber: 0PP
1/4 cup carrot: 0PP
1/4 avocado: 2PP
2 tbsp soy sauce: 0PP


8 PP Steak and onions with roasted brussel sprouts
4oz lean beef tenderloin: 5PP
Half an onion: 0PP
salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, cajun seasoning, adobo, cumin (little bit'a everything!)
Roasted brussels: 3PP (though I don't think it was that much, I used the points from Skinnytaste's sauteed brussels, whichs uses a tbsp of oil, and I roasted mine and just sprayed with my misto - but better more than less.)
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar: 0PP

It's been a delicious week! How'd you do?

1 comment: