Friday, August 5, 2011

What the weigh in?

Let's recap, shall we?

Starting weight:
226.4
Last week's weight:
216.8

So I really wasn't expecting the scale to move much this week, if anything, it'd be going up. It wasn't anywhere near my best week food wise: I drank a ton on Saturday, had chinese twice (though I will give myself credit that my order both times was steamed shrimp and steamed veggies with brown rice and diet brown sauce on the side, and both times I saved half for the next day's lunch), plus I know that I've been snacking without tracking, which has the potential to be disastrous.

That's why when I stepped on the scale this morning, it went something like this:

IMG_0667
"What the what??"

After hopping on and off again about three times to make sure, it changed to this:

IMG_0669
"Yaaaay!"
This week's weight:
214.6
This week's loss:
-2.2
Total loss:
-11.8

I can't tell you how happy I am to not only have finally hit the -10lb mark, but to have surpassed it by almost 2lbs! I was dancing around it for probably three weeks, gaining and losing the same pesky 1.5lbs. It feels so good to be under the 215lb mark for the first time in probably 2 years!

Now I just need to keep the momentum up. I'm leaving for a two week vacation tomorrow and I am sort of nervous about it. I do feel that I've become more willing and able to make healthy decisions even when I'm out of my element, so I'm hoping eating responsibly paired with all the swimming, walking, and hiking I'll be doing will at the very least keep me at the same weight. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment