Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last night's dinner: Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken

Browsing Skinnytaste at work always puts me in the mood to cook, so here's what I whipped up last night for dinner. Gina's recipe called for chicken tenderloins, but I used chicken thighs and adjusted my points accordingly. I also made it 4 even servings instead of 4.5, so my points were a little higher per serving.



Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 1/2 • Serving Size: 2 chicken tenders • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 196.9 • Fat: 9.1 g • Protein: 22.9 g • Carb: 5.7 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0.3 g  Sodium: 400 mg

Ingredients:
  • 18 oz chicken tenderloins
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 6 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 4 tbsp panko
  • olive oil spray (I used Pam)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick oil spray.

Combine the sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl, and the sesame seeds, salt, pepper and panko in another.

Place chicken in the bowl with the oil and soy sauce, then into the sesame seed mixture to coat well. Place on the baking sheet; lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray and bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over and cook another 4 - 5 minutes longer or until cooked through. 
I served mine with a side of fried rice, which I adapted from Gina's Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice recipe. My version is as follows:
Fried Rice
Servings: 4 Size: 1/4 of recipe Points+: 5 pts

  • 3 cups brown rice cooked (I use Trader Joe's frozen rice pouches)
  • 2 egg whites, scrambled
  • 1 whole egg, scrambled
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, diced
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
  • 5 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
  • oil spray
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 4 tsp soy sauce (or more to taste)
  • 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
  • salt and fresh pepper
Scramble eggs with a drop of water and season with salt and pepper. In a hot wok, spray a little oil and cook the eggs. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.

Let the wok get really hot. Add sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, garlic and ginger for about 1-2 minutes. Add rice and cooked egg along with soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing well for about 2 minutes. Add greens of the scallions and serve.
 With my edits to the chicken recipe plus the rice, my dinner came out to a delicious 12pts (if you follow Gina's recipe exactly and serve with my rice, it'll be a 10pt total). And there's plenty of leftovers for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment