Friday, September 9, 2011

No sense was made.

For realsies, my body is SO WEIRD.

Last week, when I did a lot of walking and one night of Body Pump, I gained .8lbs.

This week, I did NO physical activity. None. I also binged on food and drink at a wedding, and snacked my way through the days. I was completely resigned to seeing the scale go up at least 2 lbs this morning.

But I lost .4lbs.

I DON'T GET IT!!

I mean, I'm not complaining, I juuuuuust don't get it!

Last week's weight:
212 lbs
This week's weight:
211.6
Total loss: 
-14.8 lbs

Dinner last night was practically a three course meal, but healthy and delicious! Of course, I turned to Skinnytaste and here's what I chose:



Broiled or Grilled Pollo Sabroso
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 thigh Old Points: 4 pts Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 154.1 • Fat: 9.5 g Protein: 15.5 g Carb: 0.4 g Fiber: 0.1 g 

Ingredients:
  • 6 medium chicken thighs
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 packet Sazon *(I left out the sazon, didn't have any!)
  • Adobo (in Spanish aisle)
  • garlic powder
  • oregano
  • a drop of agave
Directions:

Season chicken with vinegar, agave and soy sauce. Add sazon, a generous amount of adobo, garlic powder, oregano and mix well. (Don't use your hands or they will turn orange) Let chicken marinade at least 20 minutes. Broil or grill on low until chicken is cooked through, careful not to burn. (I broiled them about 7 minutes, flipped, then broiled another 5-6).

Scallion Cilantro Rice with Habaneros and Lime
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 Size: 3/4 cup Calories: 192 • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts

  • 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (I used regular Uncle Ben's)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 habanero pepper, diced  (No thanks, too hot for me!)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 scallions, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
  • 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (I used the juice of an entire lime, not sure how much it is)
In a small heavy pot add oil and saute pepper on medium heat (I sauteed some of the scallion whites instead). Add rice, water and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce flame to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off stove and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped scallions, cilantro, lime juice, rice and toss until completely mixed. Makes approx 3 cups.

Cuban Style Black Beans
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 Size: 1/2 cup Old Points: 2 pts Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 113.9 • Fat: 2.9 g Protein: 6.8 g Carb: 19.9 g Fiber: 6.0 g 


  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 scallions
  • 2 tbsp red bell pepper
  • 3 tbsp cilantro
  • 15 oz can black bean, do not drain
  • 1/2 cup water (or more if needed)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • few pinches cumin (to taste)
  • pinch oregano
  • 1 tsp red wine vinegar
  • salt and black pepper to taste
  • Chili powder to taste
Chop onion, garlic, scallions, red pepper, and cilantro in a mini chopper of food processor.

Add oil to a medium-sized pot on medium heat. Add vegetables to the pot and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add beans, water, bay leaf, cumin, oregano, red wine vinegar, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover, simmer about 15 minutes stirring occasionally (Mine had a lot of liquid, so I simmered it. Taste for salt and serve.
*My edits.

Dinner Point total:
Chicken, 2 pieces: 8pp
Rice, 3/4 cups: 5 pp
Beans, 1 cup: 6pp
                     19 pp




No comments:

Post a Comment