Thursday, September 8, 2011

Souper low fat mushroom soup

Get it?? Souper...super...

....well, I giggled!

Here's a recipe I made last night from Skinnytaste - creamy mushroom soup! This soup is so so so delicious, I'm still in disbelief that it's only ONE POINT for a 1 1/4 cups of soup!! And it's super easy to make! This soup has become a staple in my house.

Low Fat Creamy Mushroom Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes 
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 49 • Fat: 1.8 g Carb: 6.6 g Fiber: 1.1 g Protein: 3.2 g


  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 chicken bullion cubes
  • 5 oz shitake mushrooms, sliced
  • 8 oz baby bella, sliced
  • 1 celery stalk, whole with leaves removed
  • 1 tbsp light butter

Place cold water and flour in a blender and blend until smooth, pour into a medium pot and set heat to medium. Add celery, mushrooms, chicken bullion and butter and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove celery and a cup of soup, blend, then return back to the pot.


 Ta da!! Quick and easy and so tasty!! I didn't bother to blend the celery, my soup was creamy enough so I simply discarded the stalk and served. I had 2 cups for dinner, and plan on a cup for lunch to go with my salad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment