Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, Monday

A bright sunshiney Monday morning seems like the perfect time to really get this project going, doesn't it!

So let me talk about my routine a bit. For almost three months I've been doing the online Weight Watchers program. This means no meetings or weigh-ins for me, I just log into Weight Watchers (or more often, open up their app on my iPhone) to track my food. I like the fact that you can do everything on your phone because it make it easy to look up point values and track on the go. After a few weeks of experimenting I've settled on Friday mornings as my weigh in day. It works for me because I usually have weekend plans that involve dinner or drinks (or both if I'm really naughty). When I used to weigh in Monday mornings I would stress out all weekend about my points, to the point where I would rather stay home rather than risk going over points. Weighing in Friday allows me to enjoy myself (in moderation of course) because I know that I have all week to eat right and work off those extra points.

The first month after I started the program I have to say that I was not as dedicated as I am now. I was not working out regularly or making an effort to change the quality of the food I was eating, just the portion to fit into my points limit. Now, I work out 2-3 a week, and I pre-plan wholesome homemade meals for dinner (which gives me leftovers for lunch!). Skinnytaste.com has been a lifesaver for me. If you haven't before, you need to check out Gina's site. Her meals are amazing and so low in points! You'll be seeing a lot of her recipes make appearances on here.

Here's what's on the menu for today:

Breakfast:
Yoplait Light fat free Boston Creme Pie: 3pp


Coffee with regular milk and Splenda: 1pp

Snack:
3 Clementines: 0pp
Snack size bag of Pirate's Booty: 4pp


Lunch: 
Leftover Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage and Broccoli Rabe: 9pp (I added a ton more broccoli rabe to the recipe so my points and serving size are a bit different than Gina's original recipe)


Yum!

Dinner:
Turkey Burgers With Zucchini (4pp), plus bun: (2pp), plus avocado: (2pp): 8pp
Side salad with Basil Green Goddess Dressing: 2pp
Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries: 3pp

That brings me to 30pp with 5pp left over for a pre-gym snack and a light dessert :)

Today's activity:
1 hour of Zumba earns 5pp

What's on your menu today?

No comments:

Post a Comment